One of our priorities is the privacy of our visitors. This policy explains what information we collect when you use Genuitek’s sites, services, mobile applications, products, and content (“Services”). It also has information about how we store, use, transfer, and delete that information.
Information We Collect & How We Use It
In order to give you the best possible experience using Genuitek, we collect information from your interactions with our network. Some of this information, you actively tell us (such as your email address, which we use to track your account or communicate with you). Other information, we collect based on actions you take while using Genuitek, such as what pages you access and your interactions with our product features (like highlights, follows, and applause). This information includes records of those interactions, your Internet Protocol address, information about your device (such as device or browser type), and referral information.
We use this information to:
- provide, test, improve, promote and personalize our services
- fight spam, fraud, and other abuse of services
- generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use our services
- gather usage statistics of services
- provide customized reading experience
- publish and distribute user-generated content
- provide access to paid content
- pay authors in Partnership Program for certain content
Personal Data Collected
During your usage of our services we collect your personal data such as:
- Reading history
- IP address
- Browser information
- DNT status
- Display name
- Email address
- Session activity (security)
- Linked social media accounts
- Network interactions (recommends, follows, etc.)
- Posts, responses, or series published by user
We won’t transfer information about you to third parties for the purpose of providing or facilitating third-party advertising to you. We won’t sell information about you.
We may share your information with third parties in some circumstances, including:
- with your consent
- to a service provider or partner who meets our data protection standards
- with academic or non-profit researchers, with aggregation, anonymization, or pseudonomization
- when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process
- when we have a good faith belief that doing so will help prevent imminent harm to someone
If we are going to share your information in response to legal process, we’ll give you notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we’re prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others. We will object to requests for information about users of our services that we believe are improper.
Genuitek uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, such as IBM, Amazon or Google, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run Genuitek and our Services. We maintain two types of logs: server logs and event logs. By using our Services, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information to Poland, United States and any other country we where operate in or use third-party services in.
Genuitek retains personal data associated with your account for the lifetime of your account. If you would like to delete your personal information, you can delete your account at any time (please read “Rights of Data Subjects” section below). Data related to our recruitment proceses are stored untill the process is finished (or you request us to delete it) unless you provide us with your specific consent to store your data for future recruitment processes.
To protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, we may maintain residual copies for a brief time period. But, if you delete your account, your information will be unrecoverable after that time. We may preserve and maintain copies of your information when required to do so by law.
Tracking & Cookies
We use browser cookies and similar technologies to recognize you when you return to our Services. We use them in various ways, for example to log you in, remember your preferences (such as default language), evaluate email effectiveness, and personalize content and other information.
Genuitek doesn’t track you across the Internet. We track only your interactions within our network.
Genuitek complies with the “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium. For logged-out users browsing with DNT enabled, our analytics will not receive data about you, but we will do some first-party tracking in order to customize content and provide data to third-party service providers that enable our Services to work. When you use our Services while logged-in to your account, we cannot comply with DNT because our services would not be able to work.
We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our Services. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You use our Services at your own risk, and you are responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account.
Email from Genuitek
Sometimes we will send you emails about your account, service changes or new policies. You can not opt out of this type of “transactional” email (unless you delete your account). But, you can opt out of non-administrative emails such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications.
When you interact with an email sent from Genuitek (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction. We won’t email you to ask for your password or other account information – if you receive such an email, please do not interact with its content, do not click on links, but please send it to us so we can investigate.
Rights of Data Subjects
- If you sign up for a Genuitek account, you may at any time request an export of your personal information. You may do so by sending us an email (contact information is described below).
- You may correct information associated with your account. You may do so by sending us an email (contact information is described below).
- You may withdraw consent by deleting your account at any time, which will erase your personal information completely within 14 days (except to the extent Genuitek is prevented by law from deleting your information). You may do so by sending us an email (contact information is described below).
- You may object at any time to the use of your personal data by contacting us. If your complaint relates to alleged misuse of your personal data by a third party, it may result in suspension of your account in keeping with relevant law, public interest, our contractual obligations, and the rights of expression and access to information of others.
- IF you are EU resident, you may at any time lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by Genuitek with the Supervisory Authority of your EU member state.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy was last updated on January 8, 2019. We may periodically update this Policy. We’ll notify you about significant changes to it. The most current version of the policy will always be posted on this page.
Contact Information and questions
We welcome your questions and feedback about this policy at email@example.com.